Thursday, May 12, 2005

New Worlds for Nellie

One of my favorite books - possibly my favorite book - as a child was Rowland Emett's New World for Nellie, a story about a steam locomotive that rode the rails, flew through the air, dove under the sea, and mined for gold. (It wasn't until 30 years later that it finally sank in that "World" was singular! Now that I think about it, perhaps the book was about Nellie coming to the New World - America. Time to read the book again?) I must have spent countless hours poring over the details in the drawings on each page - heaven!

I was very excited to discover the other day a web-based slide show of illustrations from the book. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dennis!

Title Page

Also see Emettplus Online Photos, an on-line photo gallery of assorted Rowland Emett projects, prints, and paraphernalia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home